Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's been a while...

Okay, I know that I said that I'd be posting daily... but it's tough to find something to say about the daily grind--if you can even call my job a grind. It's more like a daily chill and stuff. But, no in all seriousness I'm thrilled to get down and dirty doing garden stuff and other fun tasks!

On Wednesday the 8th, I began my day organizing the CROPS dishes--I also counted them. Turns out we have 678 spoons, almost three times as many forks and knives. This will prove to be an important number for the Farm Walk. I also worked on the Farm Map poster that guests could use as a guide to where certain plots are and some information about the farm tours.
As you can see this poster is just a rehash of the poster from last year--with a few minor additions. A previous version was made with several graphics of the different crops that the farmers were planting this season. However, all the graphics were far too pixilated for anyone to determine what they were--it made the farm look like a giant blob harvest.

Thursday the 9th was a short day. I usually have class all day on Thursdays and I am not normally available that day because of the chaos riding to and from school and work would cause me. But I needed to finish the poster and so I came during my break between classes and I came after class as well. I ended up staying till 10pm working on the map. but had I realized that the graphics were so skudzy I would have not stayed so long--because the map would have been done sooner.

Friday was the day of the farm walk. I worked all day getting things ready and then we went out to the farm @ 3pm to set-up. The walk started @5:30 but people seemed to trickle in all evening. The bummer was that it was spitting almost the whole time, which cut down attendance. I worked the cash station for a while and then I served food. We had been gracious enough to get three soups from Thé Cup! All of them were delicious. Ivanna Cone made us some honey basil ice cream, which was divine.
As we began tear-down the race against the clock began as it was beginning to get dark. But we managed to get everything packed up and put away before too long. Over all I really enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment